2.25.2009

Hope and Victory and Life, Oh My!

Whew! Those first few chapters of Romans have been a lot to get through. Let’s move on.

What I noticed first about this chapter is all of the well-known verses. Here are the ones that popped out at me:

v. 1 “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus…”
v. 28 “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”
v. 35a “Who shall separate us from the love of God?”
v. 38-39 “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

All of these verses by themselves have great impact, but when you see them in context, you realize the weight of their great news! We should jump for joy; we should go skipping along the yellow brick road as we realize what great hope we have in Christ. The Law, sin, and inherent death of the flesh all give way to a great victory…new life in Christ.

Personally, verses 26 & 27 tugged most on my heart. Let’s get some conversation going today; what verses most reflected the hope in your heart and life today? Please share!

3 comments:

  1. Another passage about present suffering and future glory. Verses 37-39 are some of my favorites in the Bible. Great for memorizing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those verses, too. What a blessing. The Enemy wants us to believe otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo! My favorite verse ever is in this chapter...v28! And we've been talking about it in our small group so much too!

    To refer it to our study, The Shack, it reminds me that God has no expectations for us because he already knows all the things going on in my life. What a relief. If I am making my effort to live according to his purpose for me, then he is weaving together every bit of my being and every part of my life. I have no worries.. And if today I'm not living according to his purpose, he can still use this very day for the good. Uh...how great is that?

    I love God. He rocks.

    ReplyDelete