3.31.2009

2 Questions

There are two questions that Jesus asks in Mark, chapter 8 that I believe are vital for us. Obviously, everything Jesus says is important, but these two questions jump out at me as something that Jesus might ask us today.

1. "Who do you say that I am?" There are a lot of people who have a lot of things to say about Jesus. But what do you say? Who do you think He is?

2. "What do you benefit if you gain the world, but lose your soul in the process?" To be honest, this is where I believe so many of us lose our way. I believe so many in our world are caught up in the pursuit of the world - not the world as in the overtly anti-Jesus world, but the world as in things that simply grab our attention. I believe so many of us get caught up running after the things we are engaged in. It is even possible to pursue ministry and mission and lose sight of Jesus. In your life, what clamors for your attention and pursuit?

1 comment:

  1. Like we learned in the How to be Rich study, we can look to finances to bring us security and comfort. My weakness is feeling productive. Sometimes the things in the Lord's heart and the things He calls us to don't feel productive. Like, the Mary and Martha story.

    ReplyDelete