2.03.2010

Something that jumped out at me and something I prayed for.

While reading Matthew 4, the story of Jesus calling the first disciples jumped out at me. We often make a big deal about the disciples’ response to Jesus’ calling. “At once they left… immediately they left”. We also point out that Jesus called them while they were mere fishermen… he can use anyone.

What amazed me is that Jesus looked at these fishermen and saw potential.

This is often opposite of how I view people. I see all the reasons they would be bad for a task, job, or opportunity. I tend to be skeptical of people and their abilities. Maybe I think I am being smart or safe.

My prayer is that as I interact with others throughout my day, I would have the eyes to see great potential in mere fishermen.

No comments:

Post a Comment