1.08.2010

music

I know there are people who don't like music...but I believe music goes beyond language. Music moves us, it angers us, it excites us - music expresses things that we can't express with just words. I love gathering on Sundays to sing. I love singing old songs and I love singing new songs. I love hearing and singing lyrics that become an expression of my heart. That's what worship is - us turning our hearts toward God, expressing deep feelings and emotions and beliefs.
One of the things we'll try to do this year is introduce you to some songs that we're listening to and singing - songs that may help you express your heart to God. Last week we sang a song that the David Crowder Band recorded last year. The title is "How He Loves." For some reason this song grabs my heart when we sing it. I am overcome thinking about the depth of love God has for us. Here's just a part of the lyric...
We are His portion and He is our prize
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes

If grace is an ocean we're all sinking...


If grace is an ocean we're all sinking...love that thought. Here's a link to the video if you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJyW55AXJAk

What songs are helping you express your heart to God these days?

1 comment:

  1. I do love that song by the David Crowder Band, and I would encourage anyone who is not already listening to Christian Radio to give it a try. KLOVE and KFLR are probably the 2 most popular here in town.

    I think my favorite this week is by Casting Crowns- "Until the Whole World Hears" - It reminds me that we are here to bring HIS word and hope to all people.

    It starts like this...
    Lord I want to feel your heart
    and see the world through your eyes
    I want to be your hands and feet
    I want to live a life that leads

    ReplyDelete